This course comes with a set of exercise files that you can download and follow along with. These give you everything you need to be able to work alongside Eve in the files. In this video, Eve shows the Exercise Files folder, and the start and finish folders that are included for each video. We also will use Sublime in the class, but you can use anything else: Atom, WebStorm, TextWrangler, or your IDE of choice.
- [Instructor] This course comes with a set of exercise files that you can download and follow along with. These will give you everything needed to work alongside me in the same files. Now, inside of the Exercise Files folder, you'll find a folder for each chapter that has exercise files. Each chapter has a sub-folder for every video where we're working in code. Inside of each of these is a Start and a Finish folder. I'll start working with the Start folder and then the finished files will be in the Finish folder.
Also, I've chosen Sublime Text as my code editor which is available from sublimetext.com. I'm going to choose the Project menu tab and choose Add Folder to Project. And I'll include my exercise files folder so that I have all of these files easily accessible. You can follow along in this text editor or any development IDE of your choice. Well, that's all we should need for setup, so let's go ahead and begin React Essential training.
- Refactoring elements with JSX
- Transpiling with Babel
- Creating components
- Adding component properties and methods
- Displaying child components
- Working with props and state
- Setting up routes
- Nesting routes
- Creating forms
- Understanding the component life cycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Building an App with React.js and MeteorJSwith Emmanuel Henri4h 20m Intermediate
Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.jswith Alex Banks3h 56m Intermediate
1. What Is React.js?
2. Intro to JSX and Babel
3. React Components
4. Props and State
5. Using the React Router
6. Forms and Refs
7. The Component Lifecycle
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.