In this video, learn how to modify a project that is a directory of personnel at a small company. Review a static mockup to identify components and data and learn how to proceed to build the app, including bringing in a simple build tool to convert ES6 and JSX into ECMAScript 5 for better compatibility.
- [Man] In this video we're going … to start our next React project. … We're going to get familiar with the mock-up … of what we're looking for, … and we're going to do a little bit of setup … to get the groundwork in place. … So, first of all we'll introduce the website. … This is Leaf and Mortar. … This is a sample, existing website … into which we're going to to bring some React components. … We're going to be working with this company directory, … which is a list of all the employees … at this architecture firm, say. … And we have these filters, … which currently don't work, it's just a mock-up, … but the idea will be that we can type somebody's name in, … and it will search the available names, … and only show people whose name matches. … Likewise, we can limit by certain job titles, … and we have a check box to show … only people who are interns or those who are not. … So, if we're going to build this into a series of components, … we need to think about how we're going to do that. …
- Installing React on an existing site
- Thinking about a design in terms of components
- Creating fully-featured function components using Hooks
- Storing and retrieving data from an external RESTful API
- Employing third-party components for CSS animation
- Using conditional rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Essentials of CSS for React Developerswith Eric Greene53m 31s Beginner
Using the exercise files1m 2s
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.