In this video, learn how to modify a project that is a status message manager for a hotel, which will store and retrieve its data from an external RESTful API. Also, learn the static mockup and make a plan for how to build the components.
- Over the course of the next several videos, … we are going to start creating a little status update app … for a hotel website- Landon Hotel. … We're going to interface with a small … and simple API to retrieve messages and post new ones, … and we're going to delve a little deeper … into React's function components … to see more of what's possible. … So we'll take a look at this mock-up first. … I've loaded the mock-up file here in my browser, … and if I scroll down, … you can click this little button to do that, … I'll go straight to the status updates section. … This is a mock-up of what we'll be building. … We have over here a little form … that's going to post status updates … from various parts of the hotel … with who it's from and the date and time. … So let's look at this and think about … the components that we're going to need. … We'll have one big component that wraps everything, … we'll call that the status message manager, … and then we'll have our post form over here, … post form component. …
- Installing React on an existing site
- Thinking about a design in terms of components
- Creating fully-featured function components using Hooks
- Storing and retrieving data from an external RESTful API
- Employing third-party components for CSS animation
- Using conditional rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Essentials of CSS for React Developerswith Eric Greene53m 31s Beginner
React.js Essential Training (2018)with Eve Porcello1h 25m Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 2s
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.