In this video you can learn about the Meteor's subscribe and publish. We first remove the autopublish package inside of Meteor's folders. Then we add a few packages to allow React to use MongoDB's data while maintaining Meteor's reactivity. Finally, we make sure to add the proper method inside of our app component to subscribe to our collection inside a container component.
- [Narrator] In the last few videos,…we set up our database, created a schema,…and then created a form to add new players.…In this video,…we'll first start by making the application…a bit more secure by removing the autopublish package,…and then we'll code our publications and subscriptions…so we could load our team list.…So let's get to it.…So the first thing, let's go to the packages.…So if you don't have it open,…click on meteor, and then click on packages.…The first thing we'll do,…we'll remove the autopublish here, like so,…and then we'll add a new one,…which is called react-meteor-data,…like so.…
Save this.…And then what we'll do is add a new package with npms.…Let's go back to our terminal here,…and stop our server for a second,…so CTRL + C,…and then let's do an…meteor…npm…install…- -save…prop-types.…Let's save this.…So hit return on that.…Perfect.…So we got our prop types installed,…let's restart meteor,…and then let's go back into atom.…
So we can close the packages.…Now we need to work a little bit on the app.jsx file.…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.