Learn about the Meteor's subscribe and publish. Remove the autopublish package inside of Meteor's folders. Adda few packages to allow React to use MongoDB's data while maintaining Meteor's reactivity. Make sure to add the proper method inside of your App component to subscribe to our collection inside a container component.
- [Instructor] In the last view videos,…we set up our database, created a schema,…and then created form to add new players.…In this video, we will first start by making our application…a bit more secure by removing the Autopublishpackage…and then we'll code our publications and subscriptions…so we could load our team list.…The very first thing you need to do…is to go into your Meteor folder and into Packages.…In this folder, we'll first start by removing Autopublish.…
This is basically there to publish all the collections…so you can prototype your application.…Once you start adding publications and subscriptions…and methods, which we'll do in a future video,…you need to remove this because this is making…your application unsecure.…And the same thing we'll do…with with this package in a future video.…So let's first start by removing this one.…Then we'll need to add a new package for Meteor.…And the package is called react-meteor-data.…
And what this package will do is basically allow us…to create a container which will set up the state…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Developmentwith Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.