Firebase allows you to store certain information into its database. In this video, see how you can add your display name to your authentication information.
- [Instructor] Although I could store the display name…in the database myself, you can actually store…certain bits of information in the authentication part…of Firebase, and it's a little bit more convenient…because it'll be managed for you automatically,…and whenever you request the information for any user,…it will also bring back this display name.…Now, to do that, I'm going to go…into my authentication section,…and I'm going to delete this user,…because this current user doesn't have the display name…stored in the database, so we want to make sure…that we do that with all users, I'll delete that one,…and then I'll go back into my application…and I'm going to start in the registration form…and what I want to do here is, where I handle the submission…and I push along the information to Firebase right here.…
What I want to do here is use a promise…and in here,…I'm going to create a function…that essentially passes the information along…from the register component to the main component.…I'm doing that because information like the user information…
- Integrating Firebase
- Managing state in forms
- Registering users
- Logging users in and out
- Creating, editing, and deleting records from Firebase
- Filtering and searching data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Routing and Connecting to a Database
3. Registering and Logging In Users
4. Working with Firebase Data
5. Working with Attendees
6. Filtering and Searching
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.