Create a few variables that will hold a formula compiling data from your other stats to compile defense, offense, and total numbers for each player.
- [Instructor] In the last video we set up all the functions…that we needed in order to update the state…and be able to see the actual player on the view.…In this section, we'll actually set up…everything that we need in order to see the player.…So, the very first thing we're going to do…is go into app, and first of all…to make sure to pass the right props to player.…Otherwise, we're not going to see anything…in the player at all.…And basically, if you want to understand what's happening,…right now we're clicking on the actual player.…
So let me go back to the browser to show you.…Open up your console in the browser,…and go to the react extension,…and click all the way down to app, like so.…So if you take a look at the state right now,…you see that the state has the current player,…the temp-player that we set.…If you click on Manny Henri, you'll see that now the state…has updated the current player to Manny Henri,…If you click to Tracey Good, the same thing occurs.…
But right now, if we click on the player component,…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Developmentwith Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.