Update your code to use state to update our player view. Add a temporary state so your player view first renders with some data.
- [Instructor] In this video we'll code further our app…and TeamList component to update the player view.…whenever we click on the player.…We'll also finally use our state…and a props method to achieve this objective.…So the very first thing you're going to do is open…the app component, so let's go into our UI folder,…then open the app, and then we're going to create a player,…a temp player, so basically the temp player,…what it will be used for is whenever we open up…our application, there's something that needs to be…on this view.…
Until we click on any of the players here,…we won't have any data on the state,…so we need to set it up with something, with some temp data.…So what we'll do is basically set up an object…and it will be loaded with the state…when the application loads.…So let's go and create that player.…Just to make the process easier and we're not…typing a whole lot of stuff that's already been done,…let's copy from the new component,…this player object that we've created,…and paste it right there.…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Development (2015)with Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.