Join Carl Peaslee for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting a project, part of React: ES6, ES2016, and Beyond.
- In our last video,…we took a look at the project we wanted to create.…Now we're going to get it started.…In our terminal, I'm in my carlpeaslee,…my user directory, my root user directory,…and I'm just going to create my project here.…To create my project,…I'm going to run create-react-app,…which we installed earlier,…and then the name of my project.…I'm going to call this...…es2016.…Now I've created my project with create-react-app,…and I can see the end of the directory, where it is.…
Now I'm in the directory.…I'll clear out the terminal.…So now when I open up my finder…and look in my carlpeaslee directory,…here's my new project that I've created.…Atom to open it up.…And we can look and see what create-react-app…has done for us.…I'm going to go ahead and delete a lot of this…because I'm not going to be using it.…And then I'm going to go into the Index file,…and I'm just going to change some things…so that they're my style.…I don't like to use semicolons,…so I'll delete all those.…We got rid of this index.css file.…
- Using const and let
- Importing and exporting modules
- Arrow functions
- Destructing assignments
- Arguments and template literals
- Extended parameter handling with the spread operator
- Generating custom styles
- Classes, getters and setters
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Variables and Declarations
2. Arguments and Template Literals
4. Promises and Async
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.