Learn how to set up a development web server.
- [Instructor] Setting Up a Development Server.…In this video we are going to talk about…how to use webpack-dev-server,…how to set up a webpack plugin,…and, at the end, leave everything ready…to start writing our React application in the next section.…So, let's start with webpack-dev-server.…Webpack-dev-server is an express server,…but that has some additional functionality,…that reads your webpack config file,…and keeps a fast in-memory bundle…that you can use for development purposes.…It will also watch your src files,…and recompile the bundle whenever the files change.…
This will enable us to increase our development velocity,…because every time we save a file in our code editor,…we will see that change automatically…refreshed in our browser.…We will see it in a minute.…Webpack-dev-server has a CLI or programmatic configuration,…we will use the CLI in this occasion.…And it's important to say…that it's only for development purposes.…Never use webpack-dev-server in production.…So let's start by installing webpack-dev-server.…
- Structuring React projects
- Creating and mounting the root component
- Composing components for more complex UI
- Using state to making components dynamic
Skill Level Intermediate
React: Managing Complex Interactionswith Emmanuel Henri1h 45m Intermediate
1. How to Structure React Projects
2. Diving into the First Components
3. Styling Made Easy
5. Painless Components Testing
Configure Jest5m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.