In this video, Emmanuel Henri goes through the typical React setup in case you aren't fully set with the latest version of React.
- [Instructor] The first thing we need to do is … set up React properly. … We want to make sure we are on the latest version of … React before we get started with contacts. … I typically do this in VS Code, but feel free to … do this on any terminal windows. … On a Mac, you can do that on the terminal window, … and on Windows, you can do this on … Git BASH or the command prompt. … I'm going to do this inside of VS Code. … If you're following along, open up VS Code … and then click on View, Terminal. … The first thing we're going to do is … make sure we have the latest version of React. … Let's go ahead and do this. … We're going to do npm install, or I. … I typically do I, but I'm going to type install. … G, so it's global, and then create-react-app. … Once you have the latest version of … create-react-app open and installed, … you're good to go. … There's two ways we can continue working on this. … You can follow along with the base project that … we're going to have in this course, …
- Creating a context object
- Implementing the code for updating context
- Updating context from a nested component
- What to avoid when working with context
- How the node tree in React applies to context
- Consuming multiple contexts