You can enhance your experience as a React developer by downloading the React developer tools. These can be used with Chrome or Firefox to view a component tree and inspect props and state.
- [Instructor] Let's go ahead…and install the React Developer Tools.…The React Developer Tools are a browser extension…that you can install to explore sites,…your own or other people's, that use React.…So let's go ahead and find these.…I'm just going to search Chrome for Chrome extensions.…This is typically the fastest way…to bring us to the Chrome Web Store.…And then, once I click on this link,…we should see the option to search…here on the left-hand side.…I can say React Developer Tools…and the first option here is what we want to add.…
So if I say Add to Chrome and we allow it…to add the extension, it lets us know…that React Developer Tools has been added to Chrome.…If you're a Firefox user,…I have some good news for you, too.…You can install the React Developer Tools as add-ons.…In the next video, we'll use these dev tools…to further inspect a site that uses React.…
- Refactoring elements with JSX
- Creating components
- Adding component properties and methods
- Displaying child components
- Working with props and state
- Conditional rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is React?
2. Introduction to React Elements
3. React Components
4. Props and State
5. Additional Library Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.