In this video we improve the security of your application by introducing you to server methods in Meteor. We first remove the insecure package, then create a methods file into our server folder and finally create the proper method to insert a new player into the collection. We also refactor our client code to properly call the server method to insert players.
- [Instructor] Now the last piece…of a standard media application is the use of server methods…and removal of the insecure package.…Right now, any client can pull, update, and or delete data…without any barriers of entry.…In other words, our application is unsecured.…Let's change that.…So the first thing you want to do is go inside…the meteor folder,…and then open the packages file…and remove the insecure line on line 20.…So let's go ahead and do that.…
Let's remove that one and then save.…And then let's close that file.…And what we need to do after that…is basically create inside of our server folder here,…a file that will be called methods.…And that file will allow us to add methods…to add, or pull, or delete, or update,…things inside of our database.…So let's go ahead and do that.…So right-click on the server,…create new file,…and then call this methods.js.…
And in this file we'll import ...…Meteor ...…From meteor/meteor.…Then we'll import the players,…so we can use it.…From our imports ...…API ...…Players.…Lowercase P.…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.