Improve the security of your application by using server methods in Meteor. Remove the insecure package, then create a methods file into your server folder, and finally create the proper method to insert a new player into the collection. Refactor your client code to properly call the server method to insert players.
- [Instructor] Now the last piece of a standard Meteor…application is the use of server methods…and removal of the insecure package.…Right now, any client can pull, update and,…or delete data without any barriers of entry.…In other words, our application is unsecured.…Let's change that.…The very first thing you are going to do…is click on meteor and get into your packages file again.…And you'll see a package called insecure,…just remove that.…
By removing that, right now, if you don't do anything else…you wouldn't be able to add any players.…Let's save that.…The next thing we're going to do is go into…our new component, let's go into the imports…and then go into the UI and then the new component.…And the very first thing we are going to do…is remove the insertion to the database because we'll call…an insertion from the client into the server.…Let's remove that and basically change it to a variable.…
Like so, and then don't forget to remove the semicolon…and the parenthesis there.…And basically now you've created an object of player…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Developmentwith Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.