- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to start … scaffolding out the components we need … to build up our Company Directory app. … To recap, we need one big directory component … to wrap everything. … We'll have a filters component, a people component, … which is going to contain person components. … So we're going to need to work with four components. … Let's start with the big one first, the company directory. … Currently, we have pretty much nothing … going on in our index.html file. … So let's start working on the script to change that. … I have my directory.js file open here. … So the first thing I want to do … is set up a place where these components … can be rendered when they're finished. … So just as we've seen before, we'll use ReactDOM.render. … And we need our component here, which will be a Directory. … This is just what we'll choose to call it this time. … And then we need a place to put it. … So we'll use document.getElementById. … And we need to retrieve the right ID …
- Installing React on an existing site
- Thinking about a design in terms of components
- Creating fully-featured function components using Hooks
- Storing and retrieving data from an external RESTful API
- Employing third-party components for CSS animation
- Using conditional rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Essentials of CSS for React Developerswith Eric Greene53m 31s Beginner
Using the exercise files1m 2s
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.