Join Joe Chellman for an in-depth discussion in this video Respond to filter form updates, part of React for Web Designers.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to add … the last major feature of our directory, … updating the list of people … according to the state of the filters. … In larger apps or sites when updating filters, … we'd probably batch the changes up a little bit … and make a call to an API … to retrieve the current list of people. … In our case, we're just using a blob of data … that's always available, … so we have quicker access … and can do things a little differently. … Switching back to the code, … I have a snippet in the exercise files of this video, … updatePeopleList.js. … I've included this inside a class, … just to keep certain editors from throwing errors at you … for the syntax, … but what we really need is just what's inside … this class snippet. … Let's copy all this stuff … and bring it over to the directory.js file. … We'll scroll down to our directory component, … and I'll paste it in just below update form state. … Save it so that Prettier can work its magic, … and now let's take a look at what this actually does. …
- Installing React on an existing site
- Thinking about a design in terms of components
- Creating fully-featured function components using Hooks
- Storing and retrieving data from an external RESTful API
- Employing third-party components for CSS animation
- Using conditional rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Essentials of CSS for React Developerswith Eric Greene53m 31s Beginner
React.js Essential Training (2018)with Eve Porcello1h 25m Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 2s
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.