Right now, the only way to clear the search is to remove your query manually. See how to build a button that takes care of that in this video.
- [Instructor] So right now when we search for items here,…the only way to get the list back up…is to just delete what's being searched.…So I'm going to add a button to reset the search,…just a nice little UI feature.…So, to do that…I'm going to go ahead and import some icons.…This one's going to be called FaUndo;…and this is from a library called Font Awesome.…So, once we have that icon…then we can go here to our code…and right underneath here…I'm going to create…a slightly different grouping.…
So, this will be className.…This is what's known as an input group;…and I'm going to make it a large input group.…And I'm going to move this input field in there.…And after our input field,…we're going to create another div here…with a className of input-group-append.…You'll see how this looks like in a minute.…What it does is it gives you a search box…and then kind of a button inside the search box.…And it just looks really nice.…
It's a really nice bootstrap feature here.…So, input-group-append…and so you want to create…something that's going reset the search,…
- Integrating Firebase
- Managing state in forms
- Registering users
- Logging users in and out
- Creating, editing, and deleting records from Firebase
- Filtering and searching data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Routing and Connecting to a Database
3. Registering and Logging In Users
4. Working with Firebase Data
5. Working with Attendees
6. Filtering and Searching
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.