In this video you get an introduction to React Router, one of the most used library for routing purposes in React applications. We use it to create a few routes, such as our 404, an example route with a component plus our main route.
- [Instructor] Usually, in a single page application,…we wouldn't need to set up any routing,…especially with the use of components…such as we're using here in the project,…but it's an important subject,…so we'll create routes as if we had two pages.…We'll maintain the way we stretch our app in the end,…but our examples will give you a good understanding…of the react router syntax, and approach.…So the first thing we'll do is create two files.…So click on the UI folder if it's not open,…and then right click, new file,…and then the first one we'll call lost.jsx,…and then we'll create another one,…so right click, new file,…and this one we'll call examples.jsx.…
And let's change a few things on our client…so we are able to use react router.…So click on main,…and then in main, we'll basically import a few things.…So let's import browser router,…capital R, as router.…So basically what I'm doing here…is basically importing this,…but when we use it inside of this particular file,…we'll use it as router,…so this is what this syntax allows us to do.…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.