Start building your first React component, creating the player single view. For this exercise, use Material-UI's components, and Materialize's stylesheets to build the view. Some of the Material-UI components used are the cards, avatar, and chips to build the player picture, stats, and more.
- [Instructor] Now in this video we're going to write…our player component.…We'll code the entire view, with static data.…So, we're going to use a lot of components from material UI.…So just to be sure that you understand the documentation,…we're going to head up to the actual website for materialize…and material UI, and this way you're going to see what…we're doing and what we're copying to make the player view.…We're going to use card component, which is a really cool…component from material UI.…
So click on that little hamburger menu thing,…and again this is where we took the app bar,…so if you're curious you can always scroll here and take a…look at the code that we've used,…and there's a lot of good documentation on every component.…So if you scroll to the card component that's going to be…the one we're going to be using on this one,…and basically we're going to use this one.…So this is the general card component from material UI,…and all you need to do is really copy and paste the code…into our component, to be able to use it,…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.