In this video, Emmanuel Henri introduces what the basics of updating context are.
- [Narrator] So now we've got our contacts set up … but we may want to update our contacts. … So for example, if we had a first name or last name … or a full name and we want to pass that full name … with a contact so I'll pass it down again … to a new single. … But whenever we click on this, … let's go a card here, … so if we go back to our application here. … Whenever we click on one of the card, … the name would change. … So basically, that would represent any kind of function … that we could do. … So this is a quick example … so you can understand the concepts how to do this. … But it could be done with any kind of function. … Any kind of function or events that you want to create … inside of your application. … You can also pass it down with the contacts … and use it in one of the component … where you has the contacts. … So if you have the provider, … and then the consumer. … Then you can pass whatever function you'll pass … inside of the provider. … So we'll get started on actually updating …
- Creating a context object
- Implementing the code for updating context
- Updating context from a nested component
- What to avoid when working with context
- How the node tree in React applies to context
- Consuming multiple contexts