In this video, Emmanuel Henri introduces what the basics of a node tree in React are and how it applies to context.
- [Instructor] Now let's quickly explore how you would … explore the node tree and understand what's being passed … from the context to what component and so on, so forth. … This is really important when you start working … with React because if you don't understand how … your node tree is being passed, or how to inspect it … you're going to find yourself doing a lot of code … and not understanding what's happening. … and why you're having some errors, … and how to debug your application. … This is really important, … so the first thing you need to do in order to do this, … is to have the React Devtools, … as you saw me inspect the application … with the React Devtools, this is really important … when you explore your node tree and try to understand … what's being passed from one to the other. … So let's go ahead to GitHub.com/Facebook/React-Devtools … and then scroll all the way down … to the pre-packaged installation, so if you are on Chrome … install the Chrome extension, … if you're on Firefox, install the Firefox extension …
- Creating a context object
- Implementing the code for updating context
- Updating context from a nested component
- What to avoid when working with context
- How the node tree in React applies to context
- Consuming multiple contexts