Join Eve Porcello for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of React: Building Progressive Web Apps (PWAs).
- [Eve] Now that you know the basics … about building a progressive web application, … you may be thinking, "What's next?" … The Google developers' page has a lot of great articles … about customizing service workers. … You probably will want to explore that … to tweak the service worker to perform … in the exact way that you want it to. … It's also worth investigating techniques … for creating custom banners … to be added to home screen prompts. … You can play with colors and icons … that match your app's specific brand identity. … I hope this course has gotten you thinking … about how you might use progressive web apps … for your own projects. … I can't wait to see what you'll come up with. … …
- Creating a PWA component
- Fetching data with React hooks
- Running the build with npm scripts
- Auditing your app with Lighthouse
- Going offline
- Installing the PWA with Chrome and Safari for iOS
- Deploying your PWA on a hosting provider
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are PWAs?
2. Setup: Create React App
3. PWA Tools
4. Understanding PWA Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.