Join Carl Peaslee for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of React: Lifecycles.
- [Carl] Thanks for working on this project with me.…I hope you got a better sense of how to use…the React Lifecycle methods and how you might…be able to leverage them to optimize your component.…If you're interested in learning more about React,…I encourage you to continue to look…into higher order components and to even spend some time…with React source code.…If you're interested in finding more courses on React,…you should check out my author's profile.…You can follow me on social media,…and once again, it's been great learning with you.…Party on.…
Carl Peaslee helps you build a number of small reusable components that will be useful in future projects. Along the way, he discusses the syntax and uses of lifecycle methods, how state affects React lifecycles and your apps, and how to set static display name, default props, and initial state. Plus, learn how to gather performance data and improve performance by minimizing component updates.
- Overview of React lifecycles
- Initial state
- Default props
- Mounting: componentWillMount, componentDidMount, and render
- Updating: shouldComponentUpdate, componentWillUpdate, and componentDidUpdate
- Controlling component updates
- Using react-addons-perf to get performance data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Lifecycles
2. Defaults, Initialization, and Construction
5. Optimizing Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.