Join Eve Porcello for an in-depth discussion in this video Migrating to webpack 3, part of React.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Though many are still using…Webpack 1 in projects, you may want to eventually upgrade…to Webpack version two, or even Webpack version three.…There are some slight differences in the Webpack config file…that we'll need to make.…I'm going to create a quick demo project here…inside of Chapter Two, Lesson Eight, the Start folder,…and we will just kind of go through the differences…between Webpack 1 and Webpack 3 here.…So first things first, I'm going to create a new folder,…and I will call it Upgrade Build.…
Great, so over in our terminal window here,…I've navigated to that folder,…and what I'm going to do here is make sure that I…go into my upgrade-build folder.…And I will then run npm init,…and this will initialize my node project.…I'm also going to send the y flag, and if I use dash y,…this is just going to use all of the defaults…when we set up our project and our package JSON file.…So I just did that to save a little time.…
If you're looking to get started quickly,…you can always use that.…Next up, I want to install Webpack,…
- Refactoring elements with JSX
- Transpiling with Babel
- Creating components
- Adding component properties and methods
- Displaying child components
- Working with props and state
- Setting up routes
- Nesting routes
- Creating forms
- Understanding the component life cycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: setting up Chrome tools for React, inspecting React sites, Babel static transpiling with babel-cli, loading JSON with webpack, adding CSS to webpack build, and creating components with createClass(). In addition, a new video was added that covers migrating to webpack 3.
Building an App with React.js and MeteorJSwith Emmanuel Henri4h 20m Intermediate
Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.jswith Alex Banks3h 56m Intermediate
1. What Is React.js?
2. Intro to JSX and Babel
3. React Components
4. Props and State
5. Using the React Router
6. Forms and Refs
7. The Component Lifecycle
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.