In this video, we discuss file structure and begin to set up our files for our application. We also discuss a few items regarding specific folders related to Meteor.
- [Instructor] In this video,…we'll introduce you to Meteor and all its parts.…We'll talk about what comes with Meteor,…how does it work with React, its security features,…and a little bit more.…At its core, Meteor is a full-stack framework…where you can build an entire application…using only what comes with the framework.…It uses MongoDB for a database,…has its own build and test tools,…and you can extend it with external packages,…like Atmosphere or NPM.…If you're looking to build an app quickly…without having to connect a lot of the pieces,…Meteor is great for this purpose.…
So let's explore what comes under the hood.…So like I said earlier,…if you don't have access to hidden files…and you're exploring this from another editor,…then make sure you do…and then get inside of the Meteor folder.…So once you have access to the hidden files,…click on Meteor.…And then click on packages.…So as you can see, there are a couple of packages…that are related to Meteor…and then you have some external stuff.…So you have a minifier for CSS, JS,…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.