Why is the React framework such a popular choice amongst developers? Learn about the components, states, props, and cycles.
- [Instructor] In this video we'll introduce you…to Meteor and all its parts.…We'll talk about what comes with Meteor,…how does it work with React, its security features,…and a little bit more.…At its core, Meteor is a full-stack framework…where you can build an entire application…using only what comes with the framework.…It uses MongoDB for the database…as its own build and test tools,…and you can extend it with external packages…like Atmosphere, or MPM.…If you're looking to build an app quickly…without having to connect a lot of the pieces,…Meteor is great for this purpose.…
So let's explore what comes under the hood.…In the root folder of your project,…open the folder, Meteor, like so.…In this folder you'll see several files and folders.…For the most part, you'll rarely have to use any of them,…but at least a good understanding…of what they can do can't hurt.…First click on, packages.…This is the list of the packages pre-installed with Meteor…when you first create your project.…This is also where you'll see any added packages…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Developmentwith Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.