State in forms is a bit different than other state instances. Explore the techniques necessary to display and modify form input in this video.
- [Instructor] Before we can register users into Firebase,…we'll need to learn to work with forms.…To do that, I'm going to go to the Register.js component…and I'm going to place a form here…that will allow users to register into my application.…So to do that, I've prepared a special jsx for you.…This is just a form that is coded with some bootstrap code.…As usual, we are using className instead of class,…but there's also another sort of weird thing about…React and jsx is that when you For keyword,…you need to use htmlFor in jsx,…so right here where you would normally put…For displayName, you need to do that.…
Another thing is that it's pretty useful to…add a name into input fields…because we can capture those within…our React applications a little bit easier.…So because this is a really long one,…I'm going to hit the Raw button…and then select everything here, copy it,…and then go back into our application…and replace this right here with our code.…So let's go ahead and save this.…And what we'll need to do is…
- Integrating Firebase
- Managing state in forms
- Registering users
- Logging users in and out
- Creating, editing, and deleting records from Firebase
- Filtering and searching data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Routing and Connecting to a Database
3. Registering and Logging In Users
4. Working with Firebase Data
5. Working with Attendees
6. Filtering and Searching
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.