Join Eve Porcello for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading JSON with webpack, part of React.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Next, we're going to load…our React dependencies,…as well as some JSON data using Webpack.…With this video, we'll get comfortable…importing files as modules.…The next thing I want to do is install the React…and ReactDOM dependencies, and I'm going to install…both of these at a specific version, version 15.3.2.…So let's go ahead and install React first.…So we'll say npm install email@example.com,…and we will save this to our dependencies.…
Let me clear this out, and I will run npm install,…and we're going to do the exact same thing for react-dom,…so it's firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will save this.…Perfect.…Now that we have these installed,…we can go ahead and remove them from our index file.…There we go.…Next, we're going to create a new file…inside of the source folder called LIB.…
So this new file will be called lib.js.…So we'll save as lib.js.…We're also going to create another new file…and this one is going to be called titles.json.…So inside of our titles.json file,…all we're going to do here is create a simple,…
- Refactoring elements with JSX
- Transpiling with Babel
- Creating components
- Adding component properties and methods
- Displaying child components
- Working with props and state
- Setting up routes
- Nesting routes
- Creating forms
- Understanding the component life cycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: setting up Chrome tools for React, inspecting React sites, Babel static transpiling with babel-cli, loading JSON with webpack, adding CSS to webpack build, and creating components with createClass(). In addition, a new video was added that covers migrating to webpack 3.
Building an App with React.js and MeteorJSwith Emmanuel Henri4h 20m Intermediate
Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.jswith Alex Banks3h 56m Intermediate
1. What Is React.js?
2. Intro to JSX and Babel
3. React Components
4. Props and State
5. Using the React Router
6. Forms and Refs
7. The Component Lifecycle
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.