Join Joe Chellman for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing React Developer Tools, part of React for Web Designers.
- [Teacher] React has a browser extension … for Chrome and Firefox that makes debugging … and learning about React a little bit easier. … In this video, we're going to install those extensions … and see how they work. … So here is the mobile Twitter site, … specifically my timeline, … and we're going to install the Chrome extension … and take a look at what React is doing on this page. … So I'm going to open up the menu … and go to extensions under more tools. … Here are the extensions that are installed right now. … Click get more extensions. … Let's search for React Developer Tools. … Add this to Chrome. … Add extension, and there we go. … We have this little icon up here. … Currently grayed out. … Close all this down, and refresh this page. … You can see it lights up, which shows me … that React is being used on this page. … If I click it, it tells me … that I'm using the production build. … If I were using a developer build, … it would light up in a different color. … So let's open up the developer tools. …
- Installing React on an existing site
- Thinking about a design in terms of components
- Creating fully-featured function components using Hooks
- Storing and retrieving data from an external RESTful API
- Employing third-party components for CSS animation
- Using conditional rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Essentials of CSS for React Developerswith Eric Greene53m 31s Beginner
React.js Essential Training (2018)with Eve Porcello1h 25m Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 2s
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.