Initiate a project using the Meteor create command in your terminal. Then, add the proper libraries to set up your project to support React and its dependencies.
- [Instructor] There are currently two ways…to get a Meteor and React project started.…You have the meteor create soccer-app,…like this, the second one is by doing…create react app.…We're not going to use that second one today…because we're using Meteor.…Meteor will create all of the files…that we need to get a backend going,…and then we're going to do most of front-end with React.…If you were using something like Node,…if you were doing a React app,…just a front-end side of it,…then, yes, you would use the other way.…
So let's do that.…The very first thing before we actually do that command,…you want to make sure that you get to the directory…where you want that project to be.…In my case, I'm going to the desktop,…just making sure I'm on the desktop.…Yes, I am.…And then I'm going to do the meteor create soccer-app.…And what that will do is create a folder…with all the files, the initial files,…that Meteor needs to basically start an app.…
So right after you'd done this,…you could literally start the app,…and we're going to do that.…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Developmentwith Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.