In this video we initiate a project using the meteor create command in your terminal. Then we add the proper libraries to set up our project to support React and its dependencies.
- [Instructor] There are currently two ways…to get a Meteor and React project started.…We have the Meteor creates soccer app, like this,…and then the second one is by doing create React app.…We're not going to use that second one today…because we're using Meteor.…Meteor will create all of the files that we need…to get it back and going, and then we are going…to do most of front end with React.…If you were using something like GNOME as a backend,…and you doing a React app, just as the front end side of it,…then yes, you would use the other way.…
So let's do it with Meteor.…So the first thing you need to do…is to make sure that we're on the desktop.…I'm actually going to create the project on the desktop.…Feel free to create it wherever you want,…so let's do an LS just to know where I am.…And then, let's do a Cd Desktop, like so,…and now I should be on the desktop.…So I see the exercise files, I'm good.…Alright, let's go ahead and create a new Meteor application.…So, you do Meteor, create,…and then the name of your application.…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.