Learn how to use create-react-app to build a starter project.
- [Instructor] I know you're probably excited…to get to the code,…but if you've worked with React before,…you know that there can be a bit of configuration…before you actually get to start building your application.…Because we typically write React…with additional JSX, or ES syntax,…that aren't yet supported by all browsers,…we need to compile our code with a tool…like Babble, Webpack, or Grunt…before most browsers can read it.…Thankfully, a group of developers…recognized all the hassle and confusion…that were involved with configuring…a React app from scratch.…And so they came up with a command line tool,…called fittingly, Create React App,…which we installed in the first chapter.…
Create React App allows us to generate new,…unopinionated React applications,…with no build configurations.…This means we won't be locked…into any libraries we may not want to use.…Furthermore, the tool has lots of community support,…and there are many other tutorials…that can show you how to modify the app…to make use of other libraries,…
- Installing local dependencies
- Generating a starter project
- Deploying to Heroku
- Planning your development process
- Using styled-components
- Styling for mobile
- Setting up models on Graphcool
- Creating Relay mutations
- Adding Relay to your authentication flow
- Protecting routes with authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Deployment Environments
3. App Functionality
4. Implementing Libraries
5. Creating Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.