Learn about the necessary functions to properly insert the new player into our MongoDB database. Learn about how to get to a new page after you've successfully completed a function with the browserHistory method from React router.
- [Narrator] In the last video,…we added a few fields to our form.…In fact, you should see pretty much the same thing…that we have in here.…If you copied and paste and made sure again…that you have the right references,…if we go back to our form, all the reference attributes…on the select field should reflect the name of your field…and reflect each and every one of those in your schema.…In theory, you should have the same form…that we're looking at,…and each of those fields…are a key valued pair on the object.…
The next step, we're actually going to go back to our editor…and write the functions and methods that needs to be written…in order to properly submit this to the database.…The very first thing that we're going to do…is create a function at the top of our component…before our render method.…This function, we'll call submitPlayer.…That function will take an event…and inside that function, the very first thing…like I have mentioned in the past video,…we're going to prevent what the browser wants to do…and basically submit and refresh the page.…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Developmentwith Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.