Join Joe Chellman for an in-depth discussion in this video Functional components, part of React for Web Designers (2018).
- [Instructor] Now that we have our directory component,…which has our state and the whole wrapping structure…that we're going to place our other components in,…let's build up those other components.…Specifically we'll build up filters, people,…and the person component that isn't even mentioned so far.…So we'll create these as function components.…We'll start with the filters component.…Function filters with props as the argument.…
This is going to return mostly another block of JSX.…But because we're passing in our people prop…we're going to make use of that.…So first we'll add a wrapper for these,…
- Identify notable features about how React works.
- Identify good early steps for any React project.
- Explain why the little PHP app that powers our API has a way to add delay.
- Outline what a lifecycle method is.
- Recall the React convention that must be followed when adding a status message.
- Explain the purpose of React.Fragment.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
Next steps: Lots more React2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.