This video describes functional CSS.
- [Instructor] Hey, in this video we're going…to talk about functional CSS.…We already talked a little bit about functional CSS…in our last video, but in this video,…I'm going to explain what functional CSS is in more detail.…Functional CSS stands under two main statements.…The first one is the real way of scaling CSS…is to actually stop writing CSS.…I know this is quite confusing for the moment,…but believe me, by using this technique,…you rarely write CSS, at all.…
The other principle is that an overwhelming majority…of CSS that you need for your site,…has already been written on your site.…I mean, how many times do you ship the line color black…in a regular CSS file?…This stands for all your other possible attributes…that you may define in your CSS.…We will come back to this principles…after reviewing what functional CSS is.…As I said before, functional CSS…basically brings a CSS toolkit…of pre-defined classes that applies some styling.…
Let's take a look at this example.…In here, functional CSS is providing us…
- Structuring React projects
- Creating and mounting the root component
- Composing components for more complex UI
- Using state to making components dynamic
Skill Level Intermediate
React: Managing Complex Interactionswith Emmanuel Henri1h 45m Intermediate
1. How to Structure React Projects
2. Diving into the First Components
3. Styling Made Easy
5. Painless Components Testing
Configure Jest5m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.