In this video, we discuss file structure and begin to set up our files for our application. We also discuss a few items regarding specific folders related to Meteor.
- [Instructor] Now that you've had a quick refresher…on React concepts, let's move on…and put these concepts to practice.…For this project we'll use Materialize UI…which is basically using or leveraging…Materialize CSS styles and creating components with it.…So we're basically going to use both.…One is for the components and the other…we're going to use for the CSS Styles.…Let's get going.…So the first thing I'm going to do is…restart our Meteor app here by doing meteor.…So as you can see I have a second tab here.…If you don't have one, you can bring a new one…by doing Command + T like so and then in this one,…we're going to do a few things.…
Let's make sure that we are in the right directory first…so let's do an ls.…If you just open a new tab and we are…in the same directory so we're good…and let's go ahead and first install…with npm like so,…save and let's install material-ui.…So as you can see, Meteor restarts the server.…Whenever you add new things to it,…it automatically restarts so that's one of the things…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.