Create a new form to edit a player, create a state to show or hide the form along with the proper functions to pass the data from the current player in state. Use the set MongoDB method to properly update the player in the collection.
- [Instructor] In the last video we set up our functions…to show and not show what the edit form,…in this video we're going to pass a few things to…the player component and we'll make sure that we have…a clickable button that will bring up the edit form,…so the very first thing that I want to make sure…is also buying the three functions that we created…on the previous video,…one of them doesn't need to be bound, this one because…it's already been used in this component and not used…in a child component so we'll bind the two functions…that we're using and the other component like so,…so this show edit form equals this show edit form.bind…just like so and finally our show team stats equals this,…show team stats like so,…so we're good there, the only thing that we need to do now…is pass to the player the function show edit form…so we're able to use it,…so show edit form,…in this show edit form,…and again we're using the show edit form in the player…so we're showing the form,…if you go here there's going to be a button right there,…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Developmentwith Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.