Create a new form to edit a player, create a state to show or hide the form along with the proper functions to pass the data from the current player in state. Use the set MongoDB method to properly update the player in the collection.
- [Instructor] In this video we'll finally add…editing features to our players so we can…update players as needed.…So the very first thing you're going to do is go in to…the app component and at the top we're going to…update the state, so let's just go back to our…browser for a second, so basically what we're going to do…is create a new item in the state that will basically…change this area to team stats or an edit form…for our player so we'll have a button here,…when we click on it it's going to show the edit form…and when we save the player it's going to bring back…the team stats, so let's go in to the editor,…clean that up a bit like so,…and then add the show edit player and set it to…a bullion of false so right now we're not showing…the edit form, we're basically showing the team stats.…
So the next step is to create the pre-functions that…will allow us to do that, so the first function that…we're going to create is the show edit form,…and basically what that function is going to do is…as you probably guessed it change our state for the…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.