Learn how to deploy our site to a production environment.
- [Instructor] I know we've been doing a lot of set up work,…and you're probably anxious to start building…some of the sites functionality, but before we get to that,…we're going to see how we can set up our application…so that it can be easily deployed…up to the real live internet, via Heroku.…Heroku is a popular web service…which allows us to deploy our site…just by pushing our code up to a Heroku repository.…Before we get to that though,…we of course have to make a few tweaks.…If you're not familiar with Heroku,…I encourage you to create an account…and poke around a bit on the site.…You should also make sure you have the Heroku CLI tool…installed globally on your local machine,…which we did in the installing local dependencies video.…
One of the neat things about us using create react app…to build our starter project was that it now allows us…to use the create react app buildpack for Heroku,…which is publicly available here.…A buildpack is essentially a piece of code…that is going to tell Heroku how to compile, configure,…
- Installing local dependencies
- Generating a starter project
- Deploying to Heroku
- Planning your development process
- Using styled-components
- Styling for mobile
- Setting up models on Graphcool
- Creating Relay mutations
- Adding Relay to your authentication flow
- Protecting routes with authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Deployment Environments
3. App Functionality
4. Implementing Libraries
5. Creating Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.