To finish up your application, analyze how security rules work for your database and how to further secure your application by allowing only registered users or check ins to write data.
- [Instructor] To keep things more secure,…we need to make some modifications to our project.…Now, Firebase has a set of very permissive…security rules that will allow anyone…to read and write to the entire application by default.…And that's not good.…We want people only to be able to write…to essentially what is inside this attendees place…in our structure because we want users…to be able to register to our individual meetings.…And if you look at the structure of a database,…we have a meetings section right here…or a meetings path, and then we have a user ID.…
This is just a hash that is generated automatically…by Firebase for each user.…We have another hash here for the information…for each meeting, and inside that meeting ID,…then we have the list of attendees…as well as a meeting name.…So, we want people to be able to register…and send their information right here,…all this stuff that appears when you fill out the form.…And in order to do that, we need to go…to this Rules tab right here and modify the default rules…
- Integrating Firebase
- Managing state in forms
- Registering users
- Logging users in and out
- Creating, editing, and deleting records from Firebase
- Filtering and searching data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Routing and Connecting to a Database
3. Registering and Logging In Users
4. Working with Firebase Data
5. Working with Attendees
6. Filtering and Searching
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.