In this video we finally get some real data going into our application. We will first install a Meteor package called Collection2 to create a schema, then create a file for our player schema and insert a few details to validate the type of data we'll accept in our MongoDB collection.
- [Emmanuel] Up to this point,…we used static data to populate our views,…from this point forward, we'll use the included database,…MongoDB to add, update and remove data…from our soccer application.…We'll also set up a schema…to go along our players collection,…so we can control the data being fed into the database,…so let's get started.…So the first thing we need to do is add a collection…called aldeed colon…collection2 and this package will allow us…to add collections into our project,…so let's go ahead and save that…and as you save that, you should see Meteor…doing a whole bunch of installation here like so…and then it's going to tell you which packages were added,…so if you see this error, it's normal,…we need to install also a little package from npm,…which is called simpl-schema,…so let's stop our server right here…and do that from that particular screen here,…or actually let's use the second tab here…and we can leave the server running,…so let's go ahead and do a meteor npm install…dash dash save simpl-, and don't put an E,…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.