Get some real data going into your application. Install a Meteor package called Collection2 to create a schema, then create a file for your player schema and insert a few details to validate the type of data to accept in your MongoDB collection.
- [Instructor] Up to this point, we used static data…to populate our views.…From this point forward we'll use the included database,…MongoDB to add, update and remove data…from our soccer application.…We'll also set up a schema to go…along our player's collection,…so we can control the data being fed into the database.…So let's get started.…The first thing you're going to need to do…is install the collections package into package.…So there's two ways to do this.…You can either manually add it here…or we can go into our terminal and add it here.…
So what we'll do, we'll leave Meteor running…and not do it in the CLI.…We'll do it right here.…So we'll add aldeed collection2…and as you save, you'll see that Meteor is very busy.…It's basically adding that package automatically.…So this is one of the effects of adding packages directly…in the command line interface.…As you can see, Meteor added the package automatically,…the same way if we did it in the terminal.…
The next thing we need to do…is create the player's collection…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Developmentwith Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.