In this video we code our form component to add a new player, still using several components from Material-UI and leveraging the styles from Materialize.
- [Instructor] Let's go in now and create the player form…to add new players.…So the first thing we want to go is go inside of…our client, here, and then, in the main.jsx,…change the example route to new, and then the example,…here, change to new as well, and the same thing…on the actual path here.…So, we're going to change the file name example…to a new player, okay?…And then go inside of the UI, and then, that particular…file here, let's rename it to New, like so.…
And then, here as well, the class,…you want to make sure you change the class as well,…so you're able to use it in other files.…Then we're going to start building our form here.…So, first thing we're going to do is, basically,…remove this, changing it with a row.…So, className row, folder, div.…And then, inside of that div, we're going to create…our form, so let's create the form,…with a class name of col s2.…
Let's close out our form.…And h3, add a new player.…And then we're going to do a section here, and then the next…section that we're going to do is basically going to be…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.