Code your form component to add a new player, still using several components from Material-UI and leveraging the styles from Materialize.
- [Narrator] In this video,…we'll create a form to add new players.…The first thing that we need to do,…is to rename our example file that we had earlier.…Let's go into the ui.…By right-clicking to the actual file,…you can select Rename, and then we'll rename it to New.…But once we do that, if we don't change the component here,…and if we don't change the path,…we're not going to be able to find our new form.…Let's change it here, here,…obviously the import that we're doing is going to change,…and the file itself.…
I'll change this to New.…The only thing I'm going to change here is the new,…and then save.…Let's make sure that this is working.…Let's go back to our terminal first,…there's no errors, let's go back to our browser,…and then go and select new.…Our route should show Example.…We're back to normal.…Let's go and create the form for the new players.…The first thing that we're going to do…is delete the Example here.…
One thing I want to mention…is that in any React component,…you always need to have one div,…and then any other div that you put under,…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.