Learn how to configure version control.
- [Instructor] Any time I start on a project…I make sure to set up my version control right away.…In this course, we're going to be using Git…in the free remote version control management site, GitHub.…Other options would be Bitbucket,…and I know that some people like SVN and Mercurial.…In my project directory I'm going to initialize…my Git repository with the command git init.…I can see here in my project tree…that a .git directory has been created.…Now I'm going to add my project…with the command git add…and the period signifying everything in this directory,…and then I'm going to make my first commit,…and I'm just going to give it the message…first commit.…
Next I need to go and make my remote repository…so I can add that.…I'm going to go onto GitHub,…go to my profile…and create a new repository.…We'll name this tictacturing-instructional.…Then we'll give it a short description,…and we'll create a repository.…Now GitHub is going to give me a bunch of instructions…on how I can create my repository…but I actually know I just need this one command here.…
- Installing local dependencies
- Generating a starter project
- Deploying to Heroku
- Planning your development process
- Using styled-components
- Styling for mobile
- Setting up models on Graphcool
- Creating Relay mutations
- Adding Relay to your authentication flow
- Protecting routes with authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Deployment Environments
3. App Functionality
4. Implementing Libraries
5. Creating Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.