- In this video, we're going to use the data source … that we installed to build the size selector component … without having to hard code any data. … We're going to try and minimize effort by stealing HTML … from this mock-up wherever we can. … Just to be clear, this is what we're going to be building, … the size selector right here. … Switching over to my editor, … I'm going to jump down to line 114 with control g. … Here's my react root … and down here is where all of my elements appear. … Here in the selectors div. … I'm currently interested in this size selector, … but to make sure I get everything exactly as it is, … I'm going to collapse that and just select the whole thing. … Copy it and I'm going to bring it over into my app.js file. … It appears right underneath the product image … and I'm not interested right now in the color selector, … so I'm just going to take that out. … Make this a little nicer. … Okay. … So now I have the markup, … but I want this to be rendered as a component. …
- Installing React on an existing site
- Thinking about a design in terms of components
- Creating fully-featured function components using Hooks
- Storing and retrieving data from an external RESTful API
- Employing third-party components for CSS animation
- Using conditional rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Essentials of CSS for React Developerswith Eric Greene53m 31s Beginner
Using the exercise files1m 2s
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.