Join Carl Peaslee for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up intervals, part of React: Lifecycles.
- In the last video, we got our parent component…ready to show this new component,…and now, we're going to create that new component.…So here, on line 66,…we are going to declare a new class…that will be a component.…And we're going to set its displayname.…We'll call it Pollchild.…
Carl Peaslee helps you build a number of small reusable components that will be useful in future projects. Along the way, he discusses the syntax and uses of lifecycle methods, how state affects React lifecycles and your apps, and how to set static display name, default props, and initial state. Plus, learn how to gather performance data and improve performance by minimizing component updates.
- Overview of React lifecycles
- Initial state
- Default props
- Mounting: componentWillMount, componentDidMount, and render
- Updating: shouldComponentUpdate, componentWillUpdate, and componentDidUpdate
- Controlling component updates
- Using react-addons-perf to get performance data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Lifecycles
2. Defaults, Initialization, and Construction
5. Optimizing Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.