Explore the guiding principles behind state management for React applications. Learn about various state management solutions and how to choose the right approach for your needs.
- When writing code, it's our job as developers to think in terms of trade-offs. With React and Redux, it's often hard to distill what those trade-offs will be when introducing a state management package. In any application, you'll need to introduce state management. Choosing the right approach is the difference between having unmaintainable, difficult-to-comprehend code versus code that is easy to navigate and update. In this course, we'll delve into the trade-offs of using various state management solutions, and common issues that occur as your React application grows. We'll start with a simple book application and modify it to use different techniques. I'll also challenge you to think beyond the necessity of keeping a single, global application state. And to use React APIs, you might not be as familiar with, such as the context API and hooks. I'll also cover concepts like immutability and middleware and provide helpful debugging techniques for Redux applications. Hi, I'm Sravanti Tekumalla. I'm a front-end software engineer who specializes in React. Join me in my LinkedIn Learning course about state management for React applications.
- Today’s state management landscape
- When to use a state management system
- Avoiding the pitfalls of prop drilling
- Using the Context API
- Implementing Hooks
- The evolution of state management
- The benefits of Redux middleware
- Using MobX and apollo-link-state