Users need to be able to check into your meeting and that needs to be something that even logged out users can do. In this video, see how to build a separate component and route to take care of it.
- [Instructor] Let's work on allowing people…to check into our meetings.…So to do that, I'm going to go to the meetings list…and right here I have a button for this trash can.…Now they're all in a button group,…which is a bootstrap way of grouping buttons.…So I'm going to copy this one, paste it again,…and then this one's going to be for check in.…Go ahead and make this a little bigger.…Whenever we click, we're just going to…navigate to a different page.…
So we will use the navigate method of reach router.…And then in here, we're going to use the path,…and we're going to put these records in a checking section…and then I'm going to use…the user ID from the props.…And I'm going to pass along also the meeting ID.…And this is not going to get an event…and actually I'm not going to pass a variable along.…When you do that with arrow functions,…you have to put a parentheses like this, right.…
So there's another error, let's make this bigger,…so it looks like I actually need another parentheses here.…Let's go ahead and save that and…
- Integrating Firebase
- Managing state in forms
- Registering users
- Logging users in and out
- Creating, editing, and deleting records from Firebase
- Filtering and searching data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Routing and Connecting to a Database
3. Registering and Logging In Users
4. Working with Firebase Data
5. Working with Attendees
6. Filtering and Searching
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.