Join Joe Chellman for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Better usability and animation, part of React for Web Designers (2018).
- [Instructor] In this challenge,…we're going to enhance our company directory…mini-app here with a couple of new pieces.…First of all, we're going to add a reset button.…'Cause right now, as I start to fill-in…different things, to reset it I have to go…back through manually and change each one…so it's empty.…So we'll add a reset button to take care…of that for us.…And then, we're going to enhance the animation.…We're going to integrate an external library…of animations to make this a little more fun…to play with.…
Specifically, we're going to use animate.css.…I'll reload this page so you can see…a little bit of the animation here.…This is a css file, nothing more,…with a bunch of preexisting animations…defined by various classes…whose names appear in this pop-up menu.…And as you can see, there's a whole bunch of 'em.…And you can experiment with these…and watch what happens on the logo.…A lot of options.…
So we're going to integrate animate.css…into our project and then use it…with our css transitions in React.…So I want to do a little setup with you…
- Identify notable features about how React works.
- Identify good early steps for any React project.
- Explain why the little PHP app that powers our API has a way to add delay.
- Outline what a lifecycle method is.
- Recall the React convention that must be followed when adding a status message.
- Explain the purpose of React.Fragment.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
Next steps: Lots more React2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.